Founded in 1142, the Boscodon Abbey was built by hermit monks from the Monastic Order of Chalais thanks to donations from Guillaume de Montmirail. The donation, dating from 1130 took place in the presence of Guillaume de Bénévent, future archbishop of Embrun. In 1303, it became Benedictine when the Order of Chalais became dependent upon the Chartreuse.
In 1974, the parts of the buildings acquired by the “Association of Friends of Boscodon Abbey” were listed under the law of 31 December 1913 concerning historical monuments, which enabled the restoration to begin. The restoration work lasted 40 years and was finished in 2012.
|L'Abbaye de Boscodon, 05200 Crots|